Crowns Norwalk CT & Norwalk CT Dental Office
What is a crown?
Crown is a cap that can be placed in the mouth on top of a tooth or teeth affected. It can be made from a variety of materials. It can be used with the delicate gum tissue, which allows it to withstand chewing and biting. It is used to restore a tooth damaged beyond repair.
Why is a crown necessary for a tooth?
- Reconstruction of decayed, worn down, or broken teeth/tooth
- To hold cracked teeth together and to keep them working properly
- Restorative dentistry for severely worn or damaged teeth/teeth.
- Supporting teeth with large fillings
- To secure dental bridges in place
- Cosmetic enhancement of severely discolored or deformed teeth.
- Covering up a dental implants
What is a dental crown?
A dental bridge is a cosmetic enhancement that fits between two crowns made of porcelain. A dental bridge’s primary function is to replace a missing tooth or fill in a space left by an Implant. You can think of it as a fixed bridge, which cannot be removed like a partial.
The crowns are placed on top of the damaged tooth and then cemented in place. Only the porcelain portion of the procedure remains above the gum surface after it is completed.